Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shaquille O'Neal and our next STAFFING RECRUIT

So last week my beloved Phoenix Suns . . . that’s basketball just in case anyone up here in hockey-filled Canada didn't know (by the way, Go Canucks!) . . . anyways, my beloved Suns traded away one of their franchise players to get Shaquille O’Neal last week. I’m torn because I’ve never really liked him - I mean I love him in Jesus but . . . there’s just this way about how he’s been dunking on and trash-talking my teams all these years! But now he’s in Phoenix with my boy Nash, so I'm in angst as to whether this was a good move or not? Will he fill the gaps and bring the right chemistry to get the boys over the hump come June? We'll start finding out next week against the Lakers I guess - it's all speculation until then.

In the meantime, we're making some player additions of our own at the church this spring. We're looking to add a MINISTRY HUB COORDINATOR in our church office who will bring the passion and skill to help coordinate, administrate and mobilize people towards our church's mission. Someone who can handle special projects, spearhead events, manage communication (basic website and writing), and generally run the HUB (the office). If you're interested or know someone who can fill the gaps and complete our growing team, then check out the full job description at www.lefc/info/hiring and drop us a line.

And if all goes well and Shaq turns out to be the missing piece for Phoenix AND we find our recruit for the church . . . well, it'll be a happy Spring!!

No comments: