Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ever since...

...preaching yesterday about how our lives are to be a display of the treasures of God's Kingdom I've wondered to myself … 'how would those close to me describe my life?' If, as Jesus says, my life is to be like a house, would they walk into my house and be intrigued and compelled by what's on display?

How would Taylor and Matthew describe their dad's life? What would Wendy say (the one who knows me best)? Or what about those who don’t know me best? What would Steve, a guy from our cluster who doesn’t come to church, say about the treasures I have on display?

Would they say my life is full of Kingdom treasures, or would they say it's full of religosity? Man, I want my life to be an authentic display of treasures - not my treasures, but those of God's Kingdom… grace, mercy, joy, beauty, love…

No comments: