Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Latley...

...I’ve been trying to slow down more. Slow my heart and mind in the midst of the craziness of life (work, kids, sports, meetings, training, chores, reading, – agh!) and take in the fact that all around me, while I’m rushing around, Jesus is unfolding His Kingdom.

In Matthew 13 he says to the disciples (after describing how many people’s hearts are becoming hardened to seeing and understanding the unfolding of the Kingdom):
"But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear."

All around us (even in the mess and confusion of life) Jesus is unfolding His Kingdom and he’s inviting us to see it and to experience it. To see it when my son is completely caught up in giggles … when a friend lets go of bitterness … when I notice myself trusting in God more than circumstance … when over $4000 is raised on a Sunday to help strangers hurting in Haiti …

Ah, that today we could see His Kingdom unfolding – what would that look like for you? How could you step into it?

No comments: