Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Monday night at...

... our small group we were chatting through the sermon questions and I was struck by the depth of the discussion. I've known it cognitively, but it struck me again just how much we all need to not only listen to a sermon, but also to have a place to process through our questions, struggles and insights, and then figure out together how to apply it to our lives (even for me, and I preached it!). I know there are times when doing a different study as a small group is healthy, but in general I wonder to myself, 'why move onto learning something new when we haven't even processed, applied and prayed through what we're already learning?' I want to encourage you to have small groups off of your clusters going through the sermon questions together so that, as the scriptures encourage us in several places, we're not just hearers of the Word, but doers of it.

No comments: