Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Jesus, painting and a crash

I'm listening right now to the music, chatter and laughter of a crew of young people down the hallway helping Chad paint his new office. Chad's our new youth/young adults pastor by the way and he's getting himself set up . . . luckily he has Anne-Marie there to correct his paint choices, Adrienne to kill the ant that had taken up residence, and Jenn, Steve and Mark to get the painting done, while Spencer is destroying the supplies.

I usually try to avoid noise while I'm working (it doesn't take much to distract me), but when I hear the sounds of this crew, I hear in my spirit the rumblings of God. I remember listening to Erwin McManus (a pastor in California) share a couple years back about a group of rhinoceros’s - the fact that although they can only see 30 feet in front of them, they can run upto 30 miles/hr, so whatever's at 31 feet better get out of the way! Not surprisingly a group of rhinoceros's is called a 'crash'. I love that! That's the vision that I believe is unfolding for this young generation of LEFC . . . an unstoppable movement of God, shaping the space of LEFC - shaping the space everywhere they set their feet for Jesus to be known.

I'm not sure what's at 31 feet . . . but I'm raising my own two little rhinoceros's to not be afraid to find out. God's doing a new thing, and he's raising up a new generation to do it . . . I hear the rumblings . . . and I have no intention of standing in the way of the 'crash'!

No comments: